Monday 13 March 2017

The Devil You Know







Love, Lies And Betrayal






Hello,

I wasn't expecting to do a blog post tonight but Thoughtcatalog have very quickly published an excerpt from my thriller/suspense/horror romance, The Devil You Know.

I like to think this book was the forerunner of Forget Me Nots (Excerpts can be read from this book on previous posts).  It was written a while ago and there is a spooky story to it.  The story involves a woman who is stalked by a phantom from the other side in Paris whilst attempting to escape a violent Mafia man and family with the help of a handsome bodyguard employed to protect her.  He is the only man who can help her.  All the others have failed.  When she realises her Mafia family tread carefully with him she begins to be suspicious as to why they hold him in high esteem.  

When I had the book reviewed by an editor she told me the story bordered on horror despite being a thriller and involving an erotic element.  There is a reason for that.  A couple of years before I'd had my own scary experience of a phantom following me.  Sounds crazy but let me explain.

Before I realised I was having psychic experiences for real, I was going through sexual harassment at work.  I went for a massage with a beauty therapist who in the middle of the treatment suddenly asked me if I was having nightmares.  I was experiencing bad dreams most nights and I told her why.  She informed me that she could see a cloaked man in spirit standing over me.

She didn't say anymore or whether he was good or bad!  I was terrified.  Being very insecure at the time, I believed the man was possibly evil.  Why? I have no reason yet it spawned The Devil You Know story.  It's one way to get your inspiration!  Thankfully, I learned years later it was my Spirit Guide protecting me through the whole episode.  It would have been handy to have known at the time! Lol.

When I finished the book and wrote the last sentence, all of the pages of notes I wrote for it flew off the table and around the room.  Talk about scary. Lol.

Anyway, if you like the excerpt I can post more on the blog.  Let me know.  

See you tomorrow for the next instalment of Knight of Swords.

Sleep well and don't have nightmares! :)

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment